I love oatmeal, yogurt, berries, and honey (I could eat them all day, everyday) for breakfast, and with rushing out the door most days, it’s hard to make my big bowl each morning. I found this recipe on Pinterest and have added some modifications for myself. All you need are your favorite oatmeal ingredients, Mason Jars, and a refrigerator! You can make 4 or 5 to store, stay fresh for around five days, and can easily be transported to your destination. Also, you can eat them cold or heat them in the microwave!
The Ingredients List Includes:
- 1/3 cup milk (almond milk, nonfat milk, soy milk)
- 1/4 cup or 2 oz Greek Yogurt ( I prefer vanilla, but you can use any flavor)
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Tsp Honey (You can use any sweetener)
- Your choice of fruit, spices, or nuts (Frozen fruit is always available and easier to store)
Start with your wet ingredients first in the bottom of the mason jar, and then add your dry ingredients on top. Close the lid and shake! Store for at least 8 hours prior to eating, and you can make 4 to 5 as they stay fresh up to five days!
And enjoy with, of course, your favorite cup of coffee! What are some of your favorite breakfast on the go recipes?!